Instead, use cloud-based access to RStudio. This could be via RStudio Cloud or an RStudio Server you set up locally at your institution.
First you’re the instructor:
- Go out of the workspace for this workshop, and back to Your Workspace.
- Create a new project and give it a name.
- Create a template R Markdown document in the project and add/modify some content. Keep it simple!
- Change the access level of the project so others can see it as well.
- Grab the project URL and share it with someone in your breakout group.
Now you’re the student: Access your partner’s project as if you’re the student and they’re the instructor.
Using RStudio Cloud for setting up your course: Accessing R in Data Science in a Box
Webinar: RStudio Cloud in the classroom
Çetinkaya-Rundel, Mine, and Colin Rundel. “Infrastructure and tools for teaching computing throughout the statistical curriculum.” The American Statistician 72.1 (2018): 58-65.